Physical therapists at SSM Health St. Clare Outpatient Physical Therapy work with patients to increase, restore and preserve their ability to move without pain.
Movement is key to patients’ quality of life. It can make a difference in how they earn a living and spend their free time. The ability to move can also help prevent obesity, reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke and even prevent falls. It can be a less-expensive alternative to surgery and prescription drugs.
Through individualized treatment plans, SSM Health St. Clare’s physical therapists work with patients to set individual goals so they can reach their optimal health and feel empowered as they participate in their own recovery.
Our Outpatient Physical Therapy Services
- Non-surgical interventions for pain relief, joint range of motion, muscle re-strengthening and function restoration
- Pre-operative education and training
- Post-operative rehab
Spine (cervical, thoracic, lumbar, sacral iliac)
- Manual therapy
- Core strengthening and stabilization
- Body mechanics education and training
- Neurological rehab from stroke, head and spinal cord injuries, neurological diseases
- Neurodevelopmental techniques for retraining joint/muscle function
- Caregiver/family education to assist in rehab program follow-through
- Strengthening through therapeutic exercise
- Passive range of motion, joint mobilization, soft tissue mobilization, trigger point release
- Myofascial soft tissue release
- Proprioceptive neuromuscular facilitation
- Muscle energy, strain/counter-strain
Vestibular and Balance Rehabilitation
- Comprehensive assessment to determine central vs. peripheral vertigo
- Trained staff in benign paroxysmal positional vertigo maneuver
- Treatment and education for long-term relief of dizziness
- Balance and falls risk assessments
- Neuromuscular re-education for balance training
- Treatment and education for falls risk
Specialized Rehabilitation Services
- Temporomandibular joint dysfunction
- Lymphedema management
- Pre/post pregnancy rehabilitation
- Specialized movement program for Parkinson’s Disease (LSVT BIG)
For more information on our rehabilitation services, call 608-356-1480 (Baraboo location) or 608-253-8070 (Wisconsin Dells location).