Volunteers can make a difference!
Auxiliary Members support our hospital and community in these ways and more:
- Escort first grade tours
- Teddy bear workshops
- Sew, knit, crochet, or produce other handmade crafts, (such as baskets, woodworking projects, stenciling, etc.) for sale, or distribution to patients (e.g. baby caps)
- Sell gift shop wares and maintain the facility
- Participate in the special Auxiliary fundraising activities
- Telephone other Auxiliary members to relay important information
- Participate in hospital volunteer programs
- Direct Auxiliary projects and services by participating, when called, as a member of the Auxiliary Board
The St. Clare Hospital Auxiliary is a volunteer organization, composed of members from the Baraboo, Wisconsin Dells area who are committed to serving the needs of the hospital and its patients, as well as to promote the development of medical personnel from within the community.
The Auxiliary meets these needs through a variety of personal service and fundraising activities planned in conjunction with St. Clare Hospital administrative policy and in harmony with hospital and community goals.
The St. Mary’s Ringling Auxiliary was formed on September 22, 1958 with a charter membership of 57 community residents. Five years later, with the construction of St. Clare Hospital, the service organization changed its name to the St. Clare Hospital Auxiliary. In 1993, the organizations name changed at the same time the hospital changed its name to St. Clare Hospital and Health Services. With a current membership of over 200, the Auxiliary continues to grow and find creative ways to service the hospital and community today.
Since its formation, the Auxiliary has donated over a quarter of a million dollars to the hospital. Some major contributions made to the hospital by the St. Clare Hospital Auxiliary have included funding for the purchase of equipment and facilities for the Intensive Care Unit, Mammography equipment, Electroencephalograph, Fetal Monitors and a variety of furnishings, camera and audio equipment.
Join the St. Clare Hospital Auxiliary today!